A degree in Sports Science could assist students seeking to build a career in sports therapy, coaching, development or personal training. As a student studying sports science, you can become a sports administrator, events organiser, sports psychologist or health promotion specialist (Guardian, 2010). It is therefore very important for sports students, looking for sports dissertation ideas to choose one that could help progress their career further.
Here are a list of sports dissertation titles within which you can base your research.
Table of Contents
- Sports Dissertation Titles
Sports Dissertation Titles
1. Exercise and physiology
1. Physiological foundation and performance in football: A study on muscle strength as the key factor for determining success among elite footballers in England
2. Muscle strength in swimming: A case study of the human kinetics form and skeletal muscle functions in swimming activities
3. Neural variations in resistive exercise: Investigating the factors limiting performance among gymnasts and recommendations for training
4. The physical and psychological characteristics of professional body builders: A study on the co-relation between nutrition, behavior and performance among the elite body builders
5. Isometric power in skeletal muscle: Comparing single muscle fiber strength and reproduction in athletic activities.
6. Aging effects on muscle functioning and morphology: A study on muscle transformation among women athletes in menopause and beyond
7. Adjustment to training and strength: Neurological and Morphological input to improved bone strength and development in strength training
8. Strength and nutrition: An investigation on the modern and traditional methods of training and the promotion of strength and balance in retired professional footballers
9. Muscle strength and gender: A study on the comparative muscle strength in men and women athletes.
10. Muscular strength and training among the elderly: A study of age related diseases and risk factors involved among the old gymnasts
2. Sports and nutrition
1. Sports and nutrition: A comparative study on pre-game diet and meal matching activities and how they help increase the performance of players in football.
2. Nutrition and athlete performance: A study on the different models of nutrition recommended for vegetarian athletes
3. Protein requirements in strength sports: A comparative study on protein supplementation for bone development and optimal performance in strength training.
4. Vitamins and athlete performance: A study of vitamin supplementation for peak performance in athletics
5. Depletion of vitamins in athletics. A comparative study on the use of protein and carbohydrate supplements to recover muscle glycogen after strength training.
6. Iron requirements in sports: A study on the level of iron requirements among women and men athletes
7. Supplements and athlete performance: Investigating the use of citrate, glutamine and bicarbonate supplements and their effects on athlete performance
8. Athlete performance and caffeine intake: A study on the contemporary issues of caffeine intake and their effects on athlete performance.
9. Is vitamin D a major concern for athletes? A case study of Vitamin D supplementation on resistance trained athletes
10. The use of prescribed supplements in sports: A study on the stand of international sports association on sup¬¬¬plement intake.
3. Sport Pharmacology & Exercise
1. Drug supplementation and peak performance in athletics: Examining the comparative effects of drug supplementation among the elite athletes, a case study of supplement and non-supplement users
2. The use of prescribed drugs and supplements in athletics: A study of the frequent used drugs and supplements for respiratory cardiovascular diseases in athletics.
3. Hypertension and exercise: The stand of international sports association on the management of hypertension among physically active patients and athletes
4. Ergogenic aid and pharmacology in sports: A case study of the use of diuretics in sports and the influence of physical activities on drug therapy for respiratory and cardiovascular diseases among elite athletes
5. Handling Bronchial complications in sports: A case study of the athletes subjected to the inhalation of the beta2-agonist during the 2012 London Olympics.
6. Asthmatic tri-athletes: A study on the effects of training, exercise and medication among asthmatic athletes
7. The legal capacity for Drug and supplement use in sports: A study on the international legislations on drug and supplement use in football.
8. Adrenaline rush in sports: A case study of black white females over the age of 45 in the UK and in the United States
9. Chronic medical conditions and nutrition requirements: A comparative study on the nutritional requirements for athletes with chronic conditions
10. Cardiovascular medication in sports: A case study of athletes using cardiovascular medication in the 2012 Olympics and the challenges of using heart rate as a measure of exercise intensity/capacity
4. Satellite cells
1. Stem cell therapy: A comparative study on stem cell therapy and the implications for treating cartilage deficiencies and osteoarthritis for athletic sports
2. The satellite cell cycle: Investigating the importance of satellite stem cells in growth, maintenance, regulation and muscle regeneration during gym training.
3. Disease control and muscle adaptation in athlete training: A study on the role of the myo-nuclear domain in the differentiation and proliferation of the stem cell cycle, diseases and adaptation
4. Satellite cells in aging athletes: A study on the alteration of satellite stem cells between young and old athletes and the importance of satellite cells in regulation of muscle mass
5. Testosterones and satellite cells: A study on the molecular and cellular mechanisms and the influence of testosterone on the skeletal muscles for performance enhancement in sports
6. Satellite stem cells and athlete training: A study on the effects of heavy resistance training on satellite stem cells in the skeletal muscle of athletes
7. Hyperplasia, satellite cells and hypertrophy: Investigating the cell division orientation and the heterogeneity of swimmers satellite cell muscles
8. The development of satellite stem cells: A study on the origin, proliferation, functions and the status of the satellite stem cells
9. Satellite stem cells adaptation: A study of the trapezius muscles during aerobic or endurance training
10. Satellite cells and age related factors: Investigating the heterogeneity and function-ability of an adult athlete satellite stem cells.
5. Mitochondria and physical conditions
1. A study on the relationship between mitochondria development, strength and fitness in the physical condition of athletes with reference to insulin sensitivity
2. Mitochondrial functions and cell metabolism: A study of the effects of partial fatty acid oxidation and mitochondrial overload and their contribution to the increment in of resistance of the skeletal muscles in endurance training
3. Aging and metabolism: A study on the use of anti aging drugs to avoid metabolic related syndromes among elder athletes
4. Metabolic disorders: Combating insulin and obesity using drugs and exercise mimetics in the skeletal muscles of athletes
5. Can the increase of muscle mitochondrial help reduce insulin resistance caused by high fat diets? Understanding insulin resistance and high fat diet in strength training
6. Can metabolic flexibility and glucose tolerance be compromised by specific muscle deletion of carnitine acetyltransferase after exercise? A comparative study on the metabolic fitness and muscle exercise in power lifting trainings
7. Metabolic fitness and obesity: A study on cellular energy transductions and their influence to obesity among athletes.
8. Carnitine deficiency: A study on the effects of over nutrition and aging on metabolic control and mitochondrial performance in strength training
9. Metabolic fitness and type 2 diabetes: Revisiting the connection between type 2 diabetes and mitochondrial oxidation functions in flexibility training
10. Metabolic health and diseases: A study on the functions of mitochondrial uncoupling and lipid oxidation during aerobic training and mental conditioning
6. Biomechanics in Sports
1. Intrinsic biomechanics and strength training: A study of Pectoral bench recruitment practices applied in bench pressing variation in weight lifting training.
2. Intrinsic and extrinsic biomechanics: A study on newbie gains, their duration, registration of gain levels among male and female athletes
3. Biomechanics and nutrient supplementation in weight training: A study of the different gain levels on supplement users and non users both on a good diet in a period of four months.
4. Strength training: A study on the use of bands in strength training to increase muscle gains and their benefits.
5. Gender in Sports: Investigating the performance and biomechanics of coaching in elite female athletes in intelligence training
6. Biomechanics and temperature: Investigating athlete muscle reactions during isometric training in relation to temperature variations. A case study of African and European athletes
7. Athletic sports and puberty training: A study of the female athlete before and after puberty and the possible metabolic effects
8. Biomechanics preparation in sports: A study on the importance of biomechanics preparation before German volume training
9. Biomechanics and human movements: Revisiting the biomechanics of cell biology for health and nutrition in circuit trainings
10. Bio measurement and human physiology: Developing aspects for human physiology understanding, homeostasis maintenance and physiological parameters in human health and nutrition during body building training
7. Health and well being in sports
1. Functional assessment and physical conditioning in aerobic endurance and football training: Investigating the need for structured exercise and physical activity in the psychological and physiological development and the well being of footballers
2. Exercise and nutrition in athletics: A study on the relationship between health nutritional consumption and physical activities of elite athletes
3. Exercise optimization and metabolic training: Examining the theories, principles and concepts connected to metabolism of nutrients during metabolic training.
4. Subjective well being among college footballers: A case study of England college footballers
5. Athlete well being and performance. A comparative study on the effects of mental well being on physical activities among elite athletes
6. Subjective well being in swimming as a sport: A study on the science of life satisfaction and happiness in relationship to the performance of swimming professionals
7. Cultural well being in football: A case study of black athletes in co-relation to their self esteem and satisfaction in performance in European football clubs
8. Subjective well being and athlete performance: A meta-analysis of the personality traits of elite athletes and their contributions to performance
9. Marital status and subjective well being in football as a sport: A case study of married and single footballers in England
10. Subjective well being, age and gender in football training: Investigating the changes in physical activities in relation to cross-sectional gender and age in football strength training.
8. Exercise psychology
1. Investigating the hardships faced by coaches on behavioral intervention and performance coaching. A case study of the England National team coaching fraternity
2. Exercise and parenthood: A study on the barriers experienced by working parents with small children and the probable effects on performance
3. Homosexuality in coaching: A case study of Gay coaches in the National Collegiate Athletic Association
4. Gender and cultural analysis in exercise and practice: Analyzing gender and cross- cultural disparities in sports. A case study of black footballers in Spain
5. Gender in coaching: A study on the perception of different divisions in coaching male and female athletes
6. Sport injury: A study on the effectiveness of using the integrated model of sport injury to improve psychological improvements of injured high school athletes.
7. Is fatness a cause of embarrassment? A study on the pressures experienced by college female gymnasts on body image
8. Leadership in sports: A study of college athletes and their perception on coaches and team captains.
9. Career transition in sports: A case study on the psychological effects of career ridding injuries in football academies in the United Kingdom.
10. Eating behaviors and body image: A study on the influences posted by the UK media on the eating behaviors of female athletes in England.
9. Clinical exercise psychology (CEP)
1. A study on the effectiveness of music beat frequencies on exercise intensity among athletes and its implications in pace setting in practice. A case study of online and television gymnasts
2. Does child hood exposure to smoke increase the chances of pulmonary abnormalities in child athletes? A study on the effects smoke in children
3. Do PDE5 inhibitors affect blood pressure? A study on the effects of using PDE5 inhibitors (Viagra) among male footballers
4. Pacing strategies in training: A study on the effects of non uniform pacing and how it affects performance during practice.
5. Resistance training among cardiac patients: A study on the disparities in response and rehabilitation results among athletes with cardiac problems
6. Age and training: A study on the discrepancies in the learning process among athletes of different age groups
7. The psychological and physiological effects of Non Impact Aerobics: A case study of women athletes over 45 years
8. Does athletes trained in high altitude areas perform better than athletes trained in low altitude areas? A case study between athletes from high altitude areas and low altitude areas in Europe
9. Metabolic Disorders and exercise Prescriptions for Cardiac and pulmonary athletes: A study on the techniques, responses, prescription, exercise, programming and adaptations of athletes with heart and chest complications
10. Motivational factors in training: The psychological and physiological perceptions of youthful athletes
10. Sport Science and Exercise
1. The effects of physical activity and the use of oral contraceptives: A six month study on college female athletes in the United Kingdom
2. Athlete performance and family back ground: A study on the performance of athletes tracing their back grounds from children’s home and how it affects their performance
3. A prospective study on the comparison of the effectiveness of ‘SMART’ goal settings among upcoming athletes and elite athletes
4. Autism and sports: A study on the performance of children with spectrum autism and normal children in middle schools
5. The use of androgenic anabolic steroids in volatile sports: A case study of boxing as a sport
6. The application of muscle power in sports and their effects on injury, risk and pain: A study of female and male rugby players
7. Women and sports: A study on the role of sports in the enhancement of women in the society and body image development
8. School settings and its effects of students performance: A study on the best sport performing higher level institutions in England
9. Leisure and sports: A study on the lifestyles of elite footballers in England and their effects on performance
10. Hospital employees and their perception of sports as a recreational activity: A case of St. Georges Hospital, London.
Category: Free Dissertation Topics and Ideas