Magoosh GRE

Information Services Available to International Students

| October 12, 2011 | 0 Comments


Getting accurate information about studying and living in the UK is crucial if you are either planning to come to the country or have already started to live there.

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA), provides a range of advice and information for international students. It has updates on news likely to affect overseas students, plus plenty of information about immigration, visa requirements, funding and fees, working in the UK both during and after your studies, and advice on living and studying in the country.

The British Council is a useful source of information about studying in theUK. Most countries have a British Council office and will provide advice face-to-face, via telephone or online about education, courses available and institutions for study. The Council also gives useful tips for international students about living and working in the UK.

If you are looking for information about undergraduate studies, the website of the Universities, Colleges and Admission Services (UCAS), will direct you to the range of institutions and courses on offer throughout the UK.

The official website for those wishing to pursue postgraduate studies is Prospects, and international students will find a wealth of information about the types of courses or research programmes available, together with helpful advice on, for example, extending a student visa and what exhibitions and fairs are available to attend for further information on studying.

The website provides a wide range of information on all topics that international students need to know, including useful listings of accommodation available and relevant costs, plus a handy page of discount information on food, travel and entertainment.

The UK government’s Directgov page has helpful information on available sources of funding for international students.

Higher education institutions provide advice both online and through student support officers who are there to help you with any questions about studying, living and working during your academic life.

Category: Information Technology

Ask a question about this article

You must be logged in to post a comment.